Ormylia (Greek: Ορμύλια) is the most ancient settlement of Halkidiki, since the human presence in the area is uninterrupted from the Neolithic Age until today.The settlement was called SERMYLI in the classical era, ERMYLI – ERMYLIA in the medieval era and ORMYLIA today.
Ormylia is a village in the municipality of Polygyros with 3,979 inhabitants in 2011. It is 7 km from the shore of Toroneos Gulf, 87 km from Thessaloniki and 27 from Polygyros.
Its climate is mild and favors the cultivation of fruit and vegetables and olive trees. The main occupation of the inhabitants today is mostly in the olive industry and tourism.
Sightseeing: The main church in Ormylia, which is dedicated to St. George, was built in 1818. The old elementary school (built in the early 1900s), a few chapels in the vicinity.On the way to Ormylia, the old Windmill appears on a hill.